Monday, December 12, 2011

Customer Care Technology

Help Desk - The College of St. Scholastica has a help desk that you can call when you have trouble with Blackboard.  I have forgotten my password on numerous occasions and have had to call them.  I am not sure who the help desk is staffed with but I have always been met by professionalism and have had my questions/problems resolved quickly.
Interactive Voice Response – At my new job of being a camp director I have had the good fortune to be able to purchase thousands of dollars of new program supplies.  One of them in particular was the purchase of Frisbee Golf supplies from Innova. They have interactive voice response system that doesn’t require to press any buttons just say what you are looking for. What is nice about this is that it seems to save a lot of time getting routed to the right department.
Wireless Applications – Again as I am ordering a lot of new supplies they are being delivered by Fed Ex and UPS.  Both companies have a wireless device that they ask you to sign so they can update their systems as having “delivered” the product.  Even just a few years ago these updates where collected and then downloaded every night. But now with wireless technology they are downloaded instantly and I am notified that a package has been delivered and can even call up a photo of my signature instantly.
Streaming Media -  I recently had to order and replace a starter switch for my dryer.  I was able to log-on to Kenmore’s site and find the part number and a link that showed me how to install the piece.  Using my ipad in my laundry room I was able to replace the piece very quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment